The geographically large Sydney Metropolitan area features 6 ice rinks of varying standards and facilities. In addition, Sydney based players may also play in the Central Coast and Hunter regions to the north of Sydney. Central Coast & Hunter based players often play in Sydney. All Sydney rinks are profiled along with the Central Coast & Hunter rinks.
With the exception of the Hunter Ice Skating Stadium, the other rinks in the Sydney & Central Coast areas do not currently have protective glass. All rinks share their available ice time between general skating, figure skating, hockey, learn to skate classes and other ice sports.
Geographically, the rinks can be classified as follows:
- Canterbury Olympic Ice Rink – Inner Sydney
- Erina Ice Arena – Central Coast
- Hunter Ice Skating Stadium – Hunter Valley
- Ice Zoo – Inner Sydney
- Liverpool Catholic Club Ice Rink – Outer Sydney
- Macquarie Ice Rink – Inner Sydney
- Penrith Ice Palace – Outer Sydney
- Sydney Ice Arena – Outer Sydney (now closed)
Page last updated 17 November 2018